Text a tweet to your short code. To send a tweet to someone, type the person’s username in the format “@username” (without quotes). Enter the username at the beginning of the tweet to send an @reply, or enter it within the tweet to send a mention.
How do I send a tweet to a specific person?
- Click on the share icon from a Tweet on your Home timeline or from a Tweet detail. …
- Select Send via Direct Message.
- From the pop-up menu, Enter a name of the person you wish to send the message to or choose from the suggested account list.
- You have the option to Add a comment to your message.
- Click Send.
Can you tweet someone you follow?
If you want to send Tweets such as mentions or replies to people who are not following you, unprotect your Tweets to make them public. If you’re not the sender or recipient of a reply, you may still see a reply to someone else in your timeline.
How do you tweet a message?
How to Tweet
- Tap the Tweet compose icon. Compose your message (up to 280 characters) and tap Tweet.
- Tap on the Tweet compose icon. …
- Type your Tweet (up to 280 characters) into the compose box at the top of your Home timeline, or click the Tweet button in the navigation bar.
Use the share icon ( on iOS, web, and Android) from the top right of the List’s detail page, and choose from:
- Copy link to List.
- Send via Direct Message.
- Tweet this.
Can you send a tweet to someone who doesn’t follow you?
When you retweet (unless your account is protected) the tweet is publicly visible. If you mention someone in a tweet who does not follow you they will not receive an instant notification, but it will appear in their “Mentions and Interactions” tab.
Who sees my tweets if I have no followers?
Your protected Tweets will only be searchable on Twitter by you and your followers. Replies you send to an account that isn’t following you will not be seen by that account (because only your followers will see your Tweets).
Can you start a tweet with?
The new rules let you start a new tweet with a Twitter handle without the need to add a period. As long as the Tweet is new (launched from the Tweet button on any platform) and — importantly — not launched from the Reply button, this will work.
Will someone see my tweet if they don’t follow me?
It really depends on the access restrictions on your tweets. If your account is public (as is by default), anyone can see your tweets, irrespective of whether they are following you.
What happens when you mention someone in a tweet?
A mention is a Tweet that contains another person’s username anywhere in the body of the Tweet. We collect these messages, as well as all your replies, in your Notifications tab. If you include multiple usernames in your Tweet, all of those people will see your Tweet in their Notifications tab.
Can I send a private message to someone on twitter?
You can use Direct Messages to have private conversations with people about Tweets and other content. … Anyone you do not follow can send you a Direct Message if: You have opted in to receive Direct Messages from anyone or; You have previously sent that person a Direct Message.
What do I write in a tweet?
The perfect tweet is:
- Front loaded. Put the most important words at the start of the tweet to catch a follower’s eye.
- Scannable. Write simply and concisely. …
- Specific. Make your content valuable and useful. …
- Active. Use strong verbs and skip the adjectives and adverbs.
- Focused. …
- Compelling. …
- Short. …
- On brand.