An Unofficial Facebook page is a business page that appears to be a legitimate page for your company only it wasn’t created by you, it contains incorrect information, and it isn’t active or updated. These pages are problematic because they are a poor representation of your business’s social outreach.
What does an unofficial Facebook page mean?
Unofficial pages are unmanaged pages designed to act as a placeholders for locations without managed business pages. The intention here is so users can still check-in or leave reviews and comments for a business that does not have a Facebook presence.
How do I claim an unofficial Facebook page?
If a Facebook page is unmanaged, you will see ‘Unofficial Page’ written below the cover photo.
- Underneath the cover photo there should be an option which states ‘Is this your Business’
- Click this and then follow the onscreen instructions to either claim or merge the page.
How do I claim my Facebook page 2021?
How to claim a Facebook page created by someone else?
- Verify by phone. You can use a business phone number to verify the ownership of a Facebook page.
- Verify by documents. Another available option is documentation. …
- Verify by email. You can verify through email is another option.
How do I delete an unmanaged Facebook page?
Choose “Manage Permissions”. Scroll to the bottom and you will see an option to “Delete the Page”, click it. If you are not an Administrator of the Page: Go the page you wish to delete.
What does Unofficial mean?
: not authorized or acknowledged by a government, group, class, or society : not official unofficial results an unofficial policy. Other Words from unofficial More Example Sentences Learn More About unofficial.
How do I Unadmin myself from a Facebook page?
Remove yourself as the admin of a Facebook Page with 4 simple steps.
- Go to the page. First off, head to the Facebook page you want to remove yourself from. …
- Get to the admin roles window. In the upper panel, click on Edit Page and mouse down to Manage Admin Roles. …
- Remove yourself from the page. …
- Confirm the removal.
How do I gain access to my Facebook page?
How to Regain Access
- Go to settings.
- Select Pages in the left navigation.
- Click the Add New Page button near the top right of the screen.
- Select Request access to a Page.
- Request Admin access.
- Cross your fingers and wait.
How do I regain access to my Facebook business page?
If your account was deleted by you or someone with your password, there’s no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address you used before, but you may not be able to get the same username.
How do I claim a place on Facebook?
How to Claim Your Business on Facebook Places
- Add your business to Facebook Places. Open the Facebook app on your mobile phone. …
- Search for your business on Facebook. Open Facebook on your desktop and search for your business. …
- Claim your place. …
- Verify your listing.
How can I recover my Facebook page?
To recover an old account:
- Tap and enter the profile name.
- Tap the name of the profile you’re trying to report.
- Tap then tap Find Support or Report Profile.
- Tap Something Else, then tap Next.
- Tap Recover this account and follow the steps.
How do I find out who owns a Facebook page?
Go to the Page’s About section. Here you can find information about the contact options for the Page owner. This includes their website and email address if they listed one. You can also message them directly from this Page.
Can you transfer ownership of a Facebook page?
If you accessed your Page via facebook.com, click ‘Settings’ in the left menu. Then click ‘Page Roles’ also in the left menu. Step 4) Type the name of the person to who you want to transfer your Facebook Page to in the box below “Assign a New Page Role”.