Unfortunately, as of 2019, embedding YouTube videos that will play inside a Facebook page isn’t possible. However, if you own the video, you can download it from your YouTube account and upload it into Facebook.
How do I embed a YouTube video on Facebook 2020?
Open the YouTube video you want to embed. Then, right-click the video and select Copy Video URL. You could also Copy embed code. Either of them will work but the video URL will work perfectly on Facebook.
How do I enable embedded videos on Facebook?
To embed a video:
- Open Facebook on a computer.
- Go to the video you want to embed.
- Click and select Embed. Keep in mind that you will only see this option if the video’s audience is set to Public.
- Copy the code that appears and paste it on your website or web page.
Posting a YouTube link will not open the video on Facebook, nor is there a way to embed a YouTube video in a Facebook post. If you want the YouTube video to play on Facebook, you’ll need to download the video itself and then upload it as a file to Facebook.
In order to share a private video, you need to go to YouTube Studio in a web browser (you can’t do this using the mobile app) and choose to share the video with specific users via their email address. Only the people you share the video with can see it, so even if they forward the link to someone else, it won’t work.
Finding the embed code on YouTube:
- Go to YouTube.
- Navigate to the video you wish to embed.
- Click the Share link below the video, then click the Embed link.
- The embed link will be highlighted in blue. You will need to copy this link in order to add it to your page in the Employer Center.
How do I download an embedded video?
Right-click on the video and choose the Save video as… option to save the embedded video. Step 3. Then select a destination folder and press the Save button.
Should I allow embedding on Facebook?
Embedding external content is an effective way to increase engagement with social media posts. A study by Social Media Examiner showed that images increase interaction rates to 87% on Facebook posts and 35% on Twitter.
How do I post a YouTube video to a Facebook group?
On the group page, click “Write Post” or begin typing in the “Write something…” box above the group wall posts. Include the YouTube video URL in your post, taken from the Share tab underneath the clip or your browser’s address bar, and a thumbnail and link is automatically generated.