By default, Facebook scrapes each link every 30 days (source). This leads to two potential problems: If there are issues with the Open Graph meta tags in your content (or if you’re not using a plugin that adds Open Graph meta tags), you might see the wrong image or title when someone shares your link on Facebook.
How do I force Facebook to scrape my URL?
How to force Facebook to Re-scrape your URL:
- Go to the Facebook Debugger.
- Paste the URL for the page/post in the field.
- Click the “Fetch new scrape information” button.
Does Facebook cache og image?
Long story short: Facebook has cached an older version of our like image. The meta content URL can’t be changed. … Long story: The site I’m working on has a meta tag for an og:image that Facebook uses when a page is liked. This meta tag uses the same image URL on all pages across the site.
How do I use Facebook debugger?
How to Use the Facebook Debugger Tool
- Step 1: Navigate to the Facebook Debugger Tool. …
- Step 2: Enter The Website Address Of The Page You Want To Test. …
- Step 3: Review Facebook Debugger Results. …
- Step 4: Clear the Caches. …
- Step 5: Adjust Open Graph Settings If Needed. …
- Step 6: Re-run Facebook Debugger To Verify Changes.
What happens if I clear Facebook cache?
If you use the “Clear Data” button on your Android phone to clear the local data, that is all you’re clearing. Anything related to your account that is stored on your device will go away, but your primary account info, and anything else stored on Facebook’s servers, is still out there.
Is it OK to delete Facebook cache?
All your frequently used activities in Facebook are stored in cache memory. Cache memory is fast so it helps speed up the Facebook app. … The best way to fix those issues is by clearing the cache. It’s always safe to clear cache and it will not clear any of your Facebook data or settings.
How do I fix debugging on Facebook?
So long as you have a Facebook account, you can use this free tool to troubleshoot and repair Facebook metadata.Here is how the tool works:
- Step 1: Run the Facebook Debugger. Enter your URL: …
- Step 2: Review the Open Graph Markup. …
- Step 3: Clear the WordPress Cache. …
- Step 4: Scrape Again. …
- Step 5: Review and Share Your Post.
How do I clear my Facebook cache?
How to clear Facebook app cache:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on Apps & notifications.
- Tap Facebook if you see the app in the Recently opened apps section at the top. If you don’t see Facebook, tap See all X apps and tap on Facebook.
- Tap Storage. …
- Tap Clear cache.
Why is Facebook Debugger not working?
If the old image is cached on your site still, the Facebook Debugger isn’t going to be able to help fix your problem as it will simply re-fetch the cached information. … Clear cache on a specific page/post with Cache Enabler. Clear cache on a specific page/post with WP Fastest Cache.
What is Facebook OG image?
og:image. The URL of the image that appears when someone shares the content to Facebook. See below for more info, and check out our best practices guide to learn how to specify a high quality preview image. fb:app_id.
How do I clear my cache picture?
The Best Way to Clear Facebook’s Open Graph Cache
You’ll need to enter your page’s URL, hit ‘debug’ and then on the next page, hit ‘fetch new scrape information. ‘ I did find that if you updated the og:image tag, this method doesn’t seem to clear that out in the debugger right away.
How does the Facebook crawler work?
The Facebook Crawler crawls the HTML of an app or website that was shared on Facebook via copying and pasting the link or by a Facebook social plugin. The crawler gathers, caches, and displays information about the app or website such as its title, description, and thumbnail image.