Go to your device’s home screen. Tap Settings, then tap Apps. Scroll through the list of apps and tap Facebook. Tap Permissions, then next to Location, tap to turn Location Services on or off.
Why does my Facebook Post show my location?
Now, every time you compose a post on a mobile device or desktop computer, you’ll see a light-gray location description in the lower left of the status box. Facebook sneakily grabs your location via GPS or Wi-Fi router, and attaches it to your post, so your friends can enjoy a more in-depth stalking experience.
How do I turn off my location on Facebook on my iPhone?
How to turn off location tracking on the Facebook app for iPhone
- From the Facebook app, tap the three parallel bars at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scroll down to and tap “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap “Settings.”
- Scroll down to and tap “Location” under the “Privacy” heading.
- Tap “Location Services.”
How do I change my location settings on Facebook?
Tap in the bottom right of Facebook. Tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Privacy Shortcuts. Tap Manage your location settings. You can turn your Location History on or off by tapping .
How do I fix my location on Facebook?
To turn Location Services on or off for your Android device:
- Go to your device’s home screen.
- Tap Settings, then tap Apps.
- Scroll through the list of apps and tap Facebook.
- Tap Permissions, then next to Location, tap to turn Location Services on or off.
You can share your live location with friends in Messenger conversations to let them see where you are and when you’ll arrive. When you share your live location, only the people in that conversation will be able to see where you are.
Can Facebook get your location wrong?
We have inaccurate information: Sometimes we can only provide an approximate location that may appear inaccurate compared to your actual current location. You forgot to log off: You might be seeing the location of a mobile device you’re still logged in to.
How do I change my location on Facebook manually?
To change or check your dating location:
- Go to your Facebook app and tap , then Dating.
- Tap Profile, then tap Edit.
- Tap Dating Location.
- Tap Update Dating Location, then tap Save.
How does Facebook know your live location?
- For Android, tap the Location icon or tap the More icon and then select Location.
- You’ll see a map of your current location and the option to tap a blue bar to share your Live Location for 60 minutes.
Why is my location not showing on Facebook?
– Make sure you’re using the most updated version of the app or browser; – Restart your computer or phone; – Uninstall and reinstall the app, if you’re using a phone; – Log into Facebook and try again.