First, launch Chrome on your phone or tablet and go to Settings > Site Settings. Next, scroll down the menu and tap on Media, and then Autoplay and toggle the switch off.
Can I stop videos from automatically playing on Chrome?
Stop Autoplay Videos on Google Chrome
You can only mute autoplay videos by going to Settings -> Site Settings -> Additional Content Settings -> Sound, but that option mutes all videos globally (on all websites), which breaks media functionality on all websites, including YouTube and Twitch.
Why is autoplay not working on YouTube?
AutoPlay may not work on YouTube due to corrupt cache/data of the browser or corrupt installation of the YouTube mobile application. Moreover, an outdated browser or misconfiguration of your browser like DRM settings, etc. … Additionally, TV apps are also affected by the AutoPlay not working issue.
Where is autoplay in YouTube settings?
How to turn on autoplay on YouTube on desktop
- Go to youtube.com and log into your account, if necessary.
- Play a video by clicking on it.
- In the video player, click the “Settings” button — it’s the gear icon in the bottom toolbar of the player.
- Toggle the “Autoplay” switch back on in the Settings pop-up menu.
How do I disable Autoplay?
Using the Android app
- Click the menu button at the top right of your screen.
- Once you’re there, scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy,” then “Settings.”
- Scroll down until you find “Media and Contacts” and tap on it.
- Tap on “Autoplay” and set it to “Never Autoplay Videos.”
How do I turn off auto pause on YouTube app?
It’s not even possible to disable the feature through YouTube’s settings. To stop YouTube from automatically pausing your videos you need to install a browser extension.
Did YouTube get rid of autoplay?
Autoplay has been added to the video player on YouTube. … Google has moved the autoplay toggle on the company’s video site YouTube. If you open the web version of YouTube, you find it attached to the media player now.
How do I stop autoplay on YouTube at home?
Then instead of navigating to the “autoplay” tab within the Settings menu (where you’d expect it to be), head over to “General.” Five rows down, you’ll see “Muted playback in feeds.” As Android Police’s Rita already explained in a previous story, this setting is very confusingly named.
How do I enable Autoplay on Chrome?
Load chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy in the Chrome browser.
Click on the menu next to it, and select one of the available options:
- Default — autoplay is enabled.
- No user gesture is required — Users don’t need to interact with the document for video or audio sources to start playing automatically.
How do I stop videos from automatically playing in Windows 10?
How to disable AutoPlay and AutoRun in Windows 10
- Press the Windows key or click the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your desktop.
- Type in autoplay and click on the AutoPlay Settings option.
- From this screen, toggle AutoPlay For All Media And Devices to Off.