How do I hide my online status on Facebook Mobile?
How to turn off active status in the Facebook mobile app
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines (called the “hamburger menu”) in the top-right corner on Android or the bottom-right corner on iPhone. …
- Tap Settings & Privacy, and then tap Settings. …
- Tap Active Status under the Privacy section.
How do I appear inactive on Facebook?
Follow this guide to appear inactive in the Facebook Messenger app
- Step 1: Tap “People” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap “Active.”
- Step 3: Tap the green switch to turn off chat and appear inactive. You can tap the button again to turn chat back on.
How do I hide being online on Facebook?
How To Hide Your Active Status On Facebook
- Launch the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the three lines in the top right corner.
- Swipe down and open the Settings & Privacy and then tap Settings.
- Go to the Privacy tab and tap the Active Status.
- Turn off the slider ‘Show when you’re active’.
Does Facebook app show you online?
Active Status shows your friends and contacts when you’re active, currently in the same chat as them or were recently active on Facebook or Messenger on this profile. … For example, if you turn off Active Status for your Facebook app but not on your Messenger app, people may be able to see your status on Messenger.
Why does my Facebook say I’m offline?
– Log out of Facebook, – Clear cookies and cache, if you’re using a computer; … – Log into Facebook and try again. Also, make sure that you’re connected to a safe Wi-Fi network and that the connection is stable.
How do you check if someone is online on Facebook when they appear offline?
How to Know Someone Turned off You from their Chat on FB?
- Open the chat window of your friend whom you suspect is online, but appears offline to you.
- Send a message.
- If he or she is online you can see the last seen message after a few seconds below your message.
How do I hide active status on Messenger for one person?
How To Turn Off Chat For One Person on Facebook Messenger
- Click on the Settings or Cog icon at the bottom of your Messenger chat box as shown below.
- Click on “Turn Off Active Status” option.
- Doing so will launch the “Active Status” window shown in the image below.
Does FB Messenger show active when not?
That person has turned off chat on the device they are using. They will still be able to receive messages, but will show as offline. If they turned off chat in the Messenger app, they will actually still be able to chat; they simply won’t show up as Active Now.