Why does YouTube stop playing when I lock my phone?
Simply pull up the Chrome Browser – which should come preloaded on your Android phone – and watch the video in question. If you lock your phone, the audio should continue playing. … To be fair, if you want to do this, you need to ensure Google Chrome is in Desktop Mode on your Android device.
How do I keep YouTube playing in the background?
How to play YouTube videos in the background on Android
- Open youtube.com on Google Chrome.
- After the page is loaded, tap on the vertical three-dots icon on the top-right and select Desktop site.
- Now search for any video and open it.
- On the next page, your video will automatically start playing.
How can I listen to YouTube with the screen off?
Use a web browser
Go to the YouTube website within the browser, tap the settings (three dots) button at the top right of the page and tick desktop site. Once you have completed the steps above, tap on a video to play it, and it will continue to play even after you lock your phone.
Can you play YouTube app in background?
Here’s how. NEW DELHI: One annoying fact about the YouTube app on Android and iOS devices is that it doesn’t allow background play. If you are watching a video or are listening to a music on YouTube and you navigate to a different app or turn off the screen, the video/audio automatically gets paused.
How do I make YouTube play in the background on Android?
Use Desktop Mode on Android
- Search for the video you want to play. …
- Once the site refreshes, press the start button to play the video. …
- Swipe down to reach the control center, and find the video in your settings. …
- Turn off your screen, or switch to another app, and YouTube will continue to play.
Can I close YouTube and still listen to music?
You can listen to music uninterrupted while using other apps or when your screen is off, with a YouTube Music Premium membership. Start listening to a song or radio station and then use other apps or turn off your screen.
How do I keep my music playing when my Android screen is off?
Let’s check multiple ways to stop music from pausing when the screen turns off in Samsung phones.
- Restart Phone. …
- Turn off Lock Screen Widget. …
- Allow Background Activity. …
- Turn off Battery Optimization. …
- Remove App from Sleeping Apps. …
- Check Data Usage Settings. …
- Uninstall Samsung Switch. …
- Update or Uninstall Music App.
Why won’t my YouTube music play in the background?
Restart the YouTube app or reboot your device
If the YouTube app or your mobile device has been running for some time, there may not be enough resources for background play to work smoothly. Try closing the YouTube app or rebooting your phone.
Can I play YouTube with my screen off Iphone?
You can listen to YouTube with the screen off, too. Press the sleep/wake button to turn your device off and the audio should continue to play. Again, if it doesn’t play then press the power button again and tap the play button on the lock screen to restart the audio (you can also skip between songs in a playlist too).