While many artists also curate, and many curators are also artists, your Instagram account should be about your work, and it should be authentic. … You want to look like an artist making art. So be genuine! Some paint-splattered walls are okay.
Should I have a separate Instagram for my art?
With all of the benefits of creating a dedicated Professional Art Business page, it’s a no brainer. You should definitely have a dedicated account if you are serious about selling your art.
Even though having an active social media account has become an Industry wide expectation, it is not a requirement to becoming a successful artist. Remember, though, social media is just one way to communicate with people interested in your artwork.
How can I get 1000 followers on Instagram?
How to Gain Your First 1,000 Followers on Instagram
- Create and optimize your profile.
- Designate a content creator.
- Follow photography and editing best practices.
- Set a regular posting schedule.
- Curate some of your content.
- Use a consistent, platform-specific brand voice.
- Write engaging, shareable captions.
Can you post other people’s art on Instagram?
When is it is ok to publish someone else’s photo? You can regram anything you like on Instagram under one condition – you have permission from the original content creator or image owner.
Does Instagram own my art?
You own your own photos, right? Instagram claims it does not take ownership of its users’ content. … What this means is that Instagram has all the rights of the original owner of the content – aside from the fact that it is not an exclusive licence.
What artists post on Instagram?
Try these post ideas and enjoy the process.
- Finished work. This is the typical post. …
- Work in progress. Make it a habit to take photos of your process. …
- Studio Photo/video. …
- Detail shot. …
- Hold the art in your hands. …
- Sketch Photo. …
- Sit or stand by your work. …
- Show your hands at work.