Open the Messenger app and tap your profile photo at the top left. Go to “Archived chats”. To get rid of an archived chat, press and hold (long-press) the particular chat and select “Delete”. Tap on Delete again to delete the archived conversation forever.
How do I delete archived messages on iPhone?
Tap Edit in the upper-right corner, then individually select the emails that you want to delete, or tap Select All. Tap Trash or Archive. If you only see Archive, touch and hold Archive to see other options like Trash Selected Messages.
How do you delete archived messages on messenger app?
Archived conversations can be resumed at a later time
- Step 1: Tap and hold on the conversation you wish to archive or delete until a menu appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap “Delete Conversation.”
- Step 3: Tap either “Delete Conversation” or “Archive Conversation,” depending on the action you wish to take.
How do I delete archived messages?
Touch and hold each conversation that you want to archive or delete.
- Archive: To put the selected conversations into your archives, tap Archive. . …
- Mark all as read: Tap More. Mark all as read.
- Delete: To delete the selected conversations from Messages, tap Delete .
How do you find archived messages on messenger on iPhone?
Tap the “Messages” quote bubble icon. Scroll to the bottom of the list of stored conversations and tap the “View Archived Messages” link to launch the desired folder.
Can you archive iMessages?
Archive text conversations, calls, or voicemails
You can archive a text conversation, call, or voicemail from your Google Voice inbox without deleting it. If someone replies to a conversation you archived, the messages show up in your inbox. Touch and hold the conversation, call, or voicemail you want to archive.
Does deleting a conversation on Messenger delete it for the other person?
Using “delete” in the messenger deletes the message in your version of the thread but not the recipient’s. So deleting a message or conversation from your inbox won’t delete it from your friend’s inbox. It isn’t possible to delete sent or received messages from a friend’s inbox.
Do archived messages get deleted on Facebook?
You can archive messages on Facebook to put messages in a different folder, away from the main list of conversations. This organizes your conversations without deleting them, which is helpful if you don’t need to message someone, but you want to save the texts.
How do you find archived messages on Messenger?
Once you’re in the Chats screen, click the settings icon (the little gear next to the large “Messenger” label) to reveal another dropdown menu. 4. From the dropdown menu, click “Archived Threads.” You will then be taken to your archived conversations, which you can read as you like.
How do I hide archived messages on Facebook Messenger?
Step 1: Open the Messenger app on your Desktop. Step 2: Right-click on the conversation you’d like to archive. Step 3: Click on Hide Conversation.
View Hidden Facebook Messages With Messenger on iOS
- Open Messenger on your phone and tap your profile picture in the upper-left corner.
- Select Message Requests.
- Tap Spam to see filtered messages. When you have message requests, select Accept or Decline to authorize or hide them.