Is it still possible to share stories? The short answer is yes. But the process is a little lengthier than simply selecting a share button. Up until August, you could share a post simply by tapping the triangle and selecting your story.
How to share feed posts to Instagram Stories
- Tap the paper airplane button below the post (like you would to send a direct message)
- You’ll then see an option on the following menu to “Create a story with this post”
- Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
Whether you want to share your own post to your stories feed, or you’re reposting a cool piece of user-generated content, it’s super-simple to share: Tap the paper airplane icon (share button) underneath a feed post. Select “Add Post to Your Story”.
Today, Instagram is launching a new test of a ‘Re-Share’ sticker for Instagram Stories, which will enable people to re-share feed posts that they’ve recently viewed in the app via a new, dedicated sharing format, as opposed to simply re-pasting the entire feed post into a Stories frame.
Why is the add post to story option on Instagram missing?
A common reason why the Add Post to Your Story feature is missing is that your Instagram is outdated. … Apps that are outdated will have an update button, you can also search for the Instagram app. Once you found Instagram, tap on Update to update Instagram to the latest version.
The main reason to fail to share the Instagram story is that the account owner limited the sharing of the posts. … The person you’re following probably has an Instagram private account where they have to accept people to follow them. So know that you can easily share posts from public accounts into the Instagram story.
Instagram is taking away a central feature of stories for some of its users. Select people are seeing a message in their app that tells them Instagram is “testing a change to sharing to stories”. The change means that users won’t be able to share posts from their own and others’ feeds onto their stories.
Instagram is no longer a photo sharing app, according to Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram. In a video posted to his Instagram and Twitter accounts, Mosseri said the company is looking to lean into entertainment and video after seeing the success of competitors like TikTok and YouTube.
How to share an Instagram post to your story from your feed
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Locate the post you want to share in your Instagram story on your feed.
- Tap the paper airplane icon.
- The “share” menu will appear. …
- The photo or video post will automatically upload as a story draft.
How do you Regram on Instagram?
How to regram a post to your story through Instagram
- Select the post you want to regram.
- Tap the paper plane icon below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap ‘Add post to your story’.
- Edit the caption and credit the photographer or content creator.
- Tap ‘Send To’.
- Tap Share next to ‘Your Story’ and then you’re done.