You can only share someone’s post from feed to your story if their account is public and they have allowed re-sharing of their posts. However, this only works for pictures, not for videos or audios.
Tap the person’s profile picture to see their Story. Once the Story that you’d like to share shows up on your screen, tap the three dots in the lower-right corner. 2. Tap “Copy Link” or the paper airplane icon to share the story with friends.
How do I repost someone’s Instagram story on my story?
Instagram: How to repost a story
To repost someone’s photo or video as your Instagram story, follow these steps. Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you want to repost. Hit the Share icon right below the post > tap Add Post to Your Story > tap Your story.
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. … When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story. Once you open it, you’ll see the “Add to your Story” option.
How do you add someone’s story on your story without being tagged?
Can I repost an Instagram Story I’m not tagged in?
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls.
- Scroll down until you see Screen Recording and tap the plus sign. …
- When you want to record an Instagram Story, just swipe up and tap the red record button.
How do you repost someone’s story on Instagram without being tagged?
It’s the same process — just head to your feed post, and tap the little aeroplane icon to repost it to your stories.
Why can’t my followers repost my story?
Activate “Allow sharing” in Instagram
The most typical reason is that the person who publishes the original story has not allowed their followers to share. To mark it, go to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.
How do you repost a story on Instagram 2021?
How do you repost an Instagram Story? Tap on the airplane button below the post and select “Add post to Your Story.”
How do you turn on Resharing to your story on Instagram 2020?
Here’s how they can enable resharing to stories:
- Navigate to your Instagram profile and tap on the menu icon at the top-right hand corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings, tap on Privacy, then tap on Story.
- Scroll down, and under Sharing, turn the Allow resharing to stories switch on.
How do you repost a story you’re tagged in?
How to repost an Instagram story
- Open Instagram and tap the messages icon.
- Select the message history between you and the Instagram user who tagged you in their story.
- Edit the repost then tap “Next.”
- Choose how you want to post it and who you want to see it through the “Share” or “Send” options.