The maximum length for Instagram caption is 2,200 characters, along with 30 hashtags. While the length of your Instagram captions should depend on the messages you want to convey, but research by Sprout Social discovered that the ideal size for Instagram caption is around 135–150 characters.
Having longer captions provides your audience with more information around a topic. This is especially helpful since it’s hard to add links on Instagram. “Sometimes all you have is your Instagram caption to grab your audience’s attention and educate them with valuable content,” he adds.
Cute Selfie Captions
- “If you were looking for a sign, here it is.”
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.”
- “Just because you’re awake doesn’t mean you should stop dreaming.”
- “Be yourself, there’s no one better.”
- “Stress less and enjoy the best.”
- “Look for the magic in every moment.”
Shorter captions can prevent that, making users more likely to get the full message you wanted them to take away and getting to any of those crucial CTAs, too. In many cases, shorter can also be more effective. It’s easier to write shorter, concise sentences well than it is to write those beautiful long, languid posts.
Captions: Captions are the little “headlines” over the “cutlines” (the words describing the photograph). See example. Cutlines: Cutlines (at newspapers and some magazines) are the words (under the caption, if there is one) describing the photograph or illustration.
What are some badass quotes?
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – …
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – …
- “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” –
If you are in the mood to write a long caption, then there is a way around it. Maybe 2,200 characters aren’t enough for you. We all have those days. Simply write your caption as usual and when you run out space, post the photo and finish the caption in the comments.
Is there a word limit on Instagram messages?
DM limit: The Instagram DM character limit is 1000 characters. To access your DMs in Instagram click the paper plane icon in the top right corner. An Instagram DM character counter will help you keep your DMs under the limit.