When the YouTube app on your phone or tablet displays a black screen instead of playing a video, or you only hear audio with no video component, there may be a problem with the app. You can fix this type of problem by clearing the app data or cache, but restarting the device sometimes works. … Clear the app cache.
Why is my YouTube not showing videos?
Browser problems: When YouTube videos won’t play, it’s usually a browser problem. Refreshing the page fixes the problem a lot of the time, but you may need to update your browser or clear the cache. … If your internet connection is especially slow, lowering the YouTube video quality will also help.
How do I fix my YouTube not showing?
- Restart the YouTube app.
- Restart your device.
- Turn off and on your mobile data connection.
- Clear the YouTube app’s cache.
- Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app.
- Update to the newest available version of the YouTube app.
- Update to the newest available version of Android.
How do I fix black screen when watching videos?
Workable solutions fix the “black screen” issue when playing videos
- For Firefox: click on Tools, go to Options then to Advanced and then go to Clear Now for Cached Web Content and Offline Web Content and User Data.
- For Google Chrome: Click on the Chrome Menu, then go to More Tools/History and finally Clear Browsing Data.
How do I fix my TV when the screen goes black?
TV screen is black and there’s no sound
If the power indicator light is on, there may be an issue with the TV’s software. Unplug the TV from the wall, and, if possible, remove the power cord from the back of the TV to perform a soft reset. Wait 30 seconds, and plug the TV back into a working outlet to test it again.
Why is my YouTube not working?
Open the settings menu on your device, tap on “Apps,” and select YouTube. The next step is to choose “Storage,” which will bring up two options: Clear data and Clear cache. Clear the cache first and check if YouTube now works as it should. If it doesn’t, go back and clear data to see if that solves the problem.
How do I increase my YouTube video views?
Here are 10 tips to help you get more views on YouTube this year:
- Make good content (that nobody else is making).
- Think in terms of series, not individual videos.
- Familiarize yourself with YouTube SEO.
- Link up with other content creators.
- Use cards and end screens.
- Write a blog post to accompany each video.
Why isn’t my YouTube channel public?
How do I reset my YouTube?
Clearing search history in the YouTube app
If you are looking to clear your search history on either your Android or iPhone, you simply need to log into the app. Hit the “Library” icon. Select History Settings > Clear Search history. You can also clear your entire watch history here by selecting that option too.