Deleting your history can help you reduce the data YouTube and Google collect about you. … Refreshing Your Recommendations: One of YouTube’s best features is its ability to recommend videos based on your past watch history. However, if you’ve been watching unusual content, your recommendations may be thrown off.
What happens if I delete YouTube history?
Search entries you delete will no longer influence your recommendations. After clearing your search history, your past searches will no longer show as suggestions in the search box. Searches you enter while your search history is paused will not be saved in your search history.
Does deleting history on YouTube delete views?
No, the views are stored on your YouTube channel and cache and watch history is saved in your browser or YouTube app. So, if you delete the cache and watch history. It doesn’t make any change in your video views.
Is YouTube history permanently deleted?
Using the YouTube video manager, you can permanently delete watched videos from your history individually, clear your entire history or pause the viewing history functionality.
Can we see deleted history on YouTube?
Turn on ‘Displayed deleted items’ options to list out only the deleted file. Tap on the ‘Recover’ button to get back the selected browsing history entries back again..
How do I permanently delete my YouTube search history?
Automatically delete your search and watch history
- On your computer, go to your Google Account.
- On the top left panel, click Data & personalization.
- Under “Activity controls,” click YouTube History, then click Auto-delete.
- Click the auto-delete time-frame you want Next. …
- Click Confirm at the bottom right of the pop up.
How do I erase search history?
Clear your history
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. History. …
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Next to “Time range,” select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, tap All time.
- Check “Browsing history.” …
- Tap Clear data.
What happens when you remove a video from your watch history?
Removing clips can change future recommendations
However, you also have the option to remove individual videos from your watch history to alter your recommendations. YouTube said removing a video from your watch history “may reduce the chance that you’ll see similar recommendations in the future.”
How do I permanently delete my watch history on Google?
How do I delete my Google search history:
- Go to “My Activity” on your computer.
- At the top right of the page, choose More –> Delete activity by.
- Below “Delete by date,” select the Down arrow –> All time.
- Select Delete.