Facebook is expanding Messenger’s screen sharing capability, first available on desktop, to the iOS and Android mobile apps. Users can share their screen with other people one-on-one or in a group video call with up to eight participants. Here’s how to start a video call with screen sharing in Facebook Messenger.
Open the Messenger app on your iPhone or Android. Start a video call by selecting one or more contacts and tapping the camera icon. Once on the call, swipe up on the toolbar at the bottom (where you find the icons for hanging up or turning your mic off). From the expanded menu, tap Share your screen.
Just like the Zoom app, Facebook Messenger also allows its users to share their mobile and desktop screen activities with their friends or family members. The mobile users can share their screens with up to eight people in a group video call whereas Messenger Rooms users can share the screen with up to sixteen people.
How do I enable screen sharing on Messenger iPhone?
How to screen share iPhone with Messenger video calls
- After starting a video call, swipe up on the control panel at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap “Share Your Screen” then tap “Start Sharing”
- Tap “Start Broadcast”
- Tap the screen in the gray blank area to leave the screen broadcast popup and use the new feature.
Here, make sure that the Messenger app is selected and then tap the “Start Broadcast” button. Messenger app will now disable your camera and it will start sharing your screen. You can go to the home screen and navigate to different apps to share your screen. … Messenger will now stop sharing your iPhone screen.
To present your mobile screen to all video call participants, start a broadcast:
- Join a video call.
- Tap the screen More .
- Tap Share screen Start Sharing.
How do I mirror video call on Messenger?
Flip your Video Image (Mirroring)
- Open the VSee Messenger app.
- If not in an ongoing call yet, click on your initials then Open my video.
- If already in a call, just open your video window.
- Click More > Settings > Audio and Camera Setup > Mirroring.
How do I keep Messenger video call on screen?
On Android, you can continue sharing your video and watch anyone else on the call when you’re outside of the Messenger app. Simply exit the app as you usually would, and the video chat will be placed into a small preview window overlayed on the screen. You can move the window around, as well as tap to enlarge it.
Screen sharing allows people to instantly share their screen with friends and family one-on-one or in a group video call with up to eight people and up to 16 people in Rooms while using Messenger on their mobile devices.
Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- Open Control Center: …
- Tap Screen Mirroring .
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list.