The Instagram caption limit is 2,200 characters. So there’s sufficient space to add context to your posts through your captions. It’s also important to note that Instagram captions are truncated at 125 characters.
Having longer captions provides your audience with more information around a topic. This is especially helpful since it’s hard to add links on Instagram. “Sometimes all you have is your Instagram caption to grab your audience’s attention and educate them with valuable content,” he adds.
Cute Selfie Captions
- “If you were looking for a sign, here it is.”
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.”
- “Just because you’re awake doesn’t mean you should stop dreaming.”
- “Be yourself, there’s no one better.”
- “Stress less and enjoy the best.”
- “Look for the magic in every moment.”
Shorter captions can prevent that, making users more likely to get the full message you wanted them to take away and getting to any of those crucial CTAs, too. In many cases, shorter can also be more effective. It’s easier to write shorter, concise sentences well than it is to write those beautiful long, languid posts.
If you are in the mood to write a long caption, then there is a way around it. Maybe 2,200 characters aren’t enough for you. We all have those days. Simply write your caption as usual and when you run out space, post the photo and finish the caption in the comments.