There are different reasons why you are facing the not eligible to create a username error for your Facebook page. The username you want has already been taken by another user. Your username is either too short or too long. … If you need to create a username for your Facebook page, it should have at least 25-page likes.
How do I fix this page isn’t eligible to have a username?
How to fix this page isn’t eligible to have a username?
- Go to Settings.
- Open Page Roles.
- In the text box under Assign a new Page role, enter the name or email of the person who wants to add as an admin.
- Select the profile from the list.
- Click on the Editor option and change it to Admin.
- Click Add.
How do I make a username available on Facebook?
How to set or change a Facebook username on a page
- Click the “About” section on the left side of your page.
- Select the “Edit” option next to the section for your page’s username.
- Type in your desired username, and if it’s available, click “Create username.”
What is a Facebook username for a business page?
For businesses, registering a username for your Facebook business page is a quick and simple process that makes it easier for you to promote your business. The username is added to the page’s address, which simplifies marketing your business on a company website, business card or marketing material.
Does Facebook business page need username?
You must register to have a username for your profile before getting one for your business Page. … After you choose a customized username for your Facebook Page, you can’t change it under any circumstances, so make sure that you choose a name that best describes your business or organization.
How long is a Facebook username not available?
It’s said to be 14 days. Some usernames will never be made available again because the Business Page or personal profile broke Facebook’s ToS.
Why does Facebook say my username is taken?
You can take a look at our guidelines for usernames to help you create a custom username. Usernames are generally given to the first individual or business who requests the name. A username may be unavailable if it’s already claimed, even if the Page or profile it’s associated with isn’t published yet.
What words are not allowed on Facebook username?
Your name can’t include:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious).
- Words or phrases in place of a name.
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
What is a username example?
The name people use to identify themselves when logging into a computer system or online service. In most situations, both a username (user ID) and password are required.In an Internet email address, the username is the left part before the @ sign. For example, KARENB is the username in firstname.lastname@example.org.
What could be a username?
This name is commonly an abbreviation of the user’s full name or his or her alias. For example, an individual known as John Smith may be assigned the username smitj, the first four letters of the last name followed by the first letter of the first name.
What is unique username?
- The first part of the email is the username, and it must be unique. …
- In this example we chose to use the first and second names, but you can use whatever you want, as long as it is not something that has already been used by someone else.
- You should only use lowercase letters to avoid confusion.
What fake name can I use for Facebook?
Facebook users cannot use fake names on their accounts. Always use your real name. You can change your name after your account is created only if you legally change your name, such as when you get married.
What is the difference between a page name and username on Facebook?
Page Name VS Username
Your page name is what appears under your profile picture as the title of your page. It is also what appears when people tag your page in a post or photo. … Your username (aka page URL) is the link or address for your Facebook page.
How do I verify my Facebook business page?
How to Verify Your Facebook Business Page
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- From General, click Page Verification.
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started.
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
How do I customize my Facebook page URL?
To create your custom URL:
- Go to Facebook’s login page.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Page you want to create a username for.
- Type your desired username.
- Click Check Availability. If that name is available, you’re all set. If the name is taken, you’ll have to choose another name.