Nowadays tweets can show up in a ‘best tweets first’ format. The new algorithm favours those tweets that have already received more retweets and likes, and makes it so that they appear higher in the timeline. This upset a lot of Twitter users as it meant you might end up seeing the same old tweets over and over again.
Why do people repeat tweets?
Mesh one-time tweets with repeat tweets
Fluidly mixing one-time tweets and repeat tweets will save you time during busy moments. Let’s say you have a weekly live webinar. That day you’ll be manually tweeting about the topic, but two minutes prior, you’ll be busy setting up.
How do I change my Twitter feed to chronological order?
In the top menu, tap the icon. Tap the arrows to switch to the timeline view of your choice, or tap View content preferences to go to your settings. In the top menu, tap the icon. Tap the arrows to switch to the timeline view of your choice, or tap View content preferences to go to your settings.
Why does my Twitter keep reloading?
The in-app notification has been a part of the Twitter apps for a long time. When a user tapped this notification, the feed scrolled to the top. … Turning ‘Reduce Motion’ off will disable this live count as it’s a part of the animations that the app has.
How do I fix my Twitter feed?
It’s as easy as that. On the web, you’ll Immediately see the difference. To refresh your feed and see tweets chronologically on your mobile app, either close your app fully and reopen it, or tap the home icon on the lower left corner (there should be a dot over the icon now that indicates new tweets have arrived.)
How do you tweet twice?
How to publish a Tweet thread
- Click the “Tweet” button to compose a new Tweet.
- Write your first Tweet. Click the “Add another Tweet” button and a second Tweet window will pop up.
- You can publish the entire thread at the same time with the “Tweet all” button.
Can you post the same tweet twice?
You can post the same link multiple times, the same tweet with different images, and so forth, but you can’t post the exact same tweet with the exact same link, hashtags, and images over and over. This begins to look a lot more like spam and might force Twitter to take action.
How do you sort the oldest on Twitter?
6 proven ways to search old tweets
- Under the “People” subheading, enter your username (with no “@”) into the “From these accounts” field:
- Under “Dates,” select start and end dates for your search:
- Click “Search,” and Twitter should return a list of top tweets from that period:
Why does Twitter not show all tweets?
1) The setting that controls caching for Custom Twitter Feeds is set too high. Go to the Settings page, Configure tab and look at the “Check for new posts every” setting. This time amount is how long the cache will last for the plugin. If it is set to a high interval, new Tweets will not show up for awhile.
How do I reverse the order of my tweets?
How to see tweets in reverse chronological order
- Open up your Twitter app.
- Tap the stars icon in the top corner.
- Select See latest tweets instead.
How do I stop my Twitter feed from automatically refreshing?
Stop Twitter From Randomly Refreshing Your Feed
- Tap your avatar in the top right (on the mobile app) or click More on the left rail (on the website).
- Click Settings and privacy.
- Click Accessibility.
- Toggle on Reduce motion.
Why does Twitter stop scrolling down?
Twitter, like many social media services, has a timeline or feed. This feed loads older content by default the more you scroll down. You basically have a never-ending feed much like Facebook and Reddit. It makes it hard to actually stop browsing Twitter since there’s always something else to read.
How do I stop Twitter from switching to Top tweets?
Tap Settings. Tap Timeline. Next to show me the best tweets first, uncheck the box to turn it off.