If no ‘Share’ button appears on a post – it is because of the Privacy Settings of the original post. If a post is set for ‘Friends Only’ (perhaps this is your Default Timeline setting) – it will not be available for ‘Sharing’ around on Facebook beyond that setting.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
First, try to use the Facebook share button. It’s located beneath the post. When you click on share it should allow you to share it with friends, to your own facebook profile page, in messenger, to groups or to a page (if you’re an admin).
Facebook is removing the share option for everyone. It is being rolled out slowly. Despite setting it to public, it will not appear anymore.
You will have to change the privacy of your posts to make them shareable. Posts set to public can be shared by everyone.
– Make sure you’re using the most updated version of the app or browser; – Restart your computer or phone; – Uninstall and reinstall the app, if you’re using a phone; – Log into Facebook and try again.
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared…
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.
Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now. The post will be shared to your News Feed and timeline with your current privacy settings.
- Send as Message. Type the name of the friend you want to send a private message to, then tap Send.
- Share in a Group. …
- Share to a Page.
Click on the three-dot icon to the top right of the post you want to make shareable. Then, select the Edit Audience option from the drop-down list. A list of audience options will appear. Choose Public from the list of available options to make the post shareable.
While the Like button allows users to share content with all of their friends, the Send button permits sending to a select group and, thus, is a more private form of sharing.
Step 1: Tap “Share” on the post you’d like to share. From here, you have multiple options: Option 1: If you want to quickly share the post to your own timeline, select “Share Now.” Option 2: If you want to add your own comment to a post before sharing it, select “Write Post.”