What demographic uses Twitter UK?
Twitter has around 317 to 328 million active users, of which around 16 million are in the UK and 79% are outside of the US. In terms of gender split, 24% of all male internet users and 21% of all female internet users are on Twitter.
Social Media Statistics UK: Platform
- Fifty-one million people in the UK were Facebook users at the end of 2020.
- Facebook is the leading social network in the UK with a 54.19% share of visits.
- 74% of Facebook users check the site at least once a day.
Who is the typical Twitter user?
42% of US Twitter users are between the ages of 18 and 29, 27% of users are 30-49 years old. 77% of Americans who earn $75,000 or more use Twitter. 80% of Twitter users are affluent millennials. 93% of Twitter community members are open to brands getting involved if done so in the right way.
Which country uses Twitter the most?
Leading countries based on number of Twitter users as of July 2021 (in millions)
|Characteristic||Audience in millions|
Who has the most Twitter followers 2020?
The Most Followed Accounts on Twitter
- Lady Gaga (83.6m followers) …
- Ariana Grande (84m followers) …
- Taylor Swift (88.6m followers) …
- Cristiano Ronaldo (93.5m followers) …
- Rihanna (102.8m followers) …
- Katy Perry (108.7m followers) …
- Justin Bieber (113.9m followers) …
- Barack Obama (129.9m followers)
Is Instagram popular in UK?
In July 2021, Instagram had around 28.81 million users in the United Kingdom (UK). The largest share of Instagram users were individuals aged between 25 and 34 years old, at 30.9 percent.
A survey carried out by AudienceProject revealed that 82 percent of 15 to 25-year-olds said they used the video-sharing platform, making it more popular than Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
|Characteristic||Share of respondents|