What should I include in a professional bio?
How to Write a Professional Bio
- Your name and professional title.
- What you do in your current position.
- Your branding statement.
- One to two outstanding professional accomplishments with measurable results.
- One to two personal details to describe your personality.
How to Write A Professional Bio For Social Networks
- Allow Your Personality to Shine Through. …
- Use Keywords Targeted Toward Your Audience. …
- Avoid Buzzwords. …
- Use Fresh Language. …
- Be Creative. …
- Provide Regular Updates. …
- Add a Picture of Yourself. …
- Always Proofread.
What is your professional bio?
Professional biographies (or “professional bios” for short) are short blurbs to get your name, accomplishments, and employment history in front of the right people. Unlike a resume, a professional bio allows you to express the values and beliefs that set you apart from others in your industry.
What should I write in a short bio?
What is a short bio?
- Your name.
- Your current job title.
- Your company name or personal brand statement.
- Your hometown.
- Your alma mater.
- Your personal and professional goals.
- A relevant achievement or accomplishment.
- Your hobbies.
How Long is a professional bio?
The long bio is typically between 3-5 paragraphs, varying from 3-5 sentences each. The short biography is typically used in other publications, print or online, as author bios at the end of articles or blogposts, in the “About” section of company or personal websites, or as listing in a professional directory.