Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device. … However, if they have not posted a story in recent times, you can unmute someone on Instagram by going to the account’s profile page. Then, press and hold the story icon in the upper-left corner of the profile. A pop-up will appear, tap “Unmute.”
How do you unmute a story on Instagram 2020?
How to unmute an Instagram story
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
- Scroll to the end of your story feed by swiping to the left at the top of your homepage. …
- Press and hold down on the story that you wish to unmute. …
- Tap “Unmute” from the list of options.
Why are my Instagram stories mute?
We’ve found that the Instagram app doesn’t automatically produce audio when you’re viewing a video. Hence, by unmuting a video from your feed or pressing the Volume Up button, this initiates videos to play sounds. To do this, firstly, go to a video on your Insta feed and tap the video to unmute it.
How do you unmute on Instagram 2021?
To unmute someone’s story
- Tap their username from their Feed post, or tap and search their username to go to their profile.
- Tap Following below their bio.
- Tap Mute, then tap. next to Stories.
How do you know if someone muted you on Instagram stories?
There’s no surefire way to tell if someone has muted you on Instagram, since you won’t be notified when they do. When you mute someone on Instagram, you’ll still be following them, but you won’t see their posts or stories in your feed.
What happens when you mute someone on Instagram?
When you mute someone’s messages on Instagram, all notifications are turned off. It doesn’t stop the person from contacting you. Since there are no alerts, you may opt not to react to those texts. But messages from the person will keep piling up in your inbox as long as they keep sending.
How do you unmute?
Tap on the stack icon at the top center of your screen. 3. Select the video clip and tap on “Mute” or “Unmute” in the dropdown menu.
How do I unmute a post?
Step 4: Then, tap ‘following’ below their profile info. Step 5: Press ‘mute’. Step 6: Tap on the slider next to ‘posts’. Step 7: Then tap on the slider next to ‘posts’ to unmute them.
Is restrict the same as mute on Instagram?
In a nutshell, block restricts both the profiles. Meaning, neither you can view their posts nor can they. In mute, both the users can view the profiles, only limitation is that their posts won’t appear on your feed. In case of hide, you simply hide your stories from someone else.
How do I unmute a FB story?
To unmute a story:
- Go to the Stories section at the top of your News Feed, then tap Your Story.
- Tap , then tap Edit Story Settings at the bottom.
- Tap Stories You’ve Muted.
- Tap Unmute next to the name of the person, Page or group.