How do I hide my name on Facebook?
Type your pseudonym or make one up. Facebook doesn’t allow initials and nicknames can only be used in the following format: “First Name, Nickname, Last Name.” The only way to hide your full name is to use a fake one.
Can you hide yourself on Facebook?
Visit Facebook.com, log in to your profile and click ‘Account’ in the top-right corner. From there, choose ‘Privacy Settings. … This new page will load a number of different privacy options, but you’ll want to click through each one and change the setting to ‘Only Me‘ so that nobody else can see your Facebook activity.
Do I have to use real name on Facebook?
Facebook Help Team
Facebook is a community where people use their authentic identities. We require everyone to provide the first and last names they use in everyday life so that you always know who you’re connecting with. This helps keep our community safe.
Why you should not use your real name on Facebook?
Facebook is making changes to a policy requiring people to use their real names, after complaints that it causes people from certain communities, such as individuals with Aboriginal names, to have their accounts suspended.
How can I be anonymous on Facebook?
How to make yourself anonymous on Facebook: Change your name
- Click the down arrow in the top-right corner of the Facebook website. …
- On the General Account Settings page, click the Edit button next to your name. …
- Click Review Change to choose how your name will appear in your profile.
How do I hide my Facebook page from someone?
How to Make Your Facebook Profile Invisible to Certain Friends
- Log in to your Facebook account. …
- Click “Custom Settings” from the “Custom” tab.
- Decide what to prevent the person from seeing. …
- Make your entire profile invisible by entering the person’s name manually under each section; there is no fast way to do this.
Is it illegal to use a fake name on Facebook?
“Facebook is a community where people use their real identities. When everyone uses their real first and last names, people can know who they’re connecting with. … “It’s a violation of our policies to use a fake name or operate under a false identity, and we encourage people to report anyone they think is doing this.”
Can you use your middle name as your last name on Facebook?
Your name will be the first thing listed under your General Account Settings. Click the “Edit” button on the right of the screen and you’ll see the options to change your name. At this point, you can change your first name, your last name, or a middle name, as well as add other names.
What names are not allowed on Facebook?
Your name can’t include:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious).
- Words or phrases in place of a name.
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
Why is Facebook telling me to use my real name?
We ask everyone to use the name they go by in everyday life so that you always know who you’re connecting with. We block the use of certain names to help prevent people from creating fake or malicious accounts. We’re sorry if your name was blocked by mistake.
Not worth it. People use fake names on the Internet all the time—but that doesn’t make it legal. Whether for Facebook accounts, Xbox Live, or a pointless survey that your friend asked you to fill out, using a fake name online in any capacity could get you arrested.
Clear names make you identifiable – also by the bad guys. Just imagine, your Facebook account, your email address, your Reddit identity – each account should carry your real name to make sure you become easily identifiable online.