You can now include GIFs, images, and videos in quote retweets on Twitter. Twitter today has added support for retweeting a tweet and adding an image, video, or GIF. … Twitter’s quote tweet functionality has traditionally been limited to only supporting text.
How do you embed a video in a tweet?
How to embed videos in a tweet
- Copy and paste the URL of the video from the platform that’s hosting the video, like YouTube.
- Paste the URL into a tweet – watch the character limit, as an incomplete link won’t work. You should see an embedded video preview appear in the tweet text box. …
- Add text as wanted, then hit Tweet.
How do you quote a tweet with a picture?
Place your cursor in the field located above the icon of the photo that’s now in your tweet. Type your caption, using 119 characters or less. Click “Tweet” when you’re finished. Your photo and caption are posted on Twitter.
How do you get a YouTube video to automatically play on Twitter?
To get started with embedding YouTube videos on Twitter, you’ll need to navigate to YouTube, or the YouTube video itself. You can either click the arrow ‘Share’ link and then post it to Twitter. Or, you can embed the video by inserting the link into the HTML code. Scroll down to the bottom right of the video.
How do you embed a video?
Embed videos & playlists
- On a computer, go to the YouTube video or playlist you want to embed.
- Click SHARE .
- From the list of Share options, click Embed.
- From the box that appears, copy the HTML code.
- Paste the code into your website HTML.
Can I post a YouTube video on Twitter?
You can share a YouTube video on Twitter in two ways: straight from the YouTube video itself, or by pasting a URL into your tweet. Sharing YouTube videos is a great way to get around Twitter’s video limits, which only let you upload videos shorter than two minutes and 20 seconds.