If you want to make a previous post shareable, after locating the post, select the ellipsis icon (•••) on the right side of the post and choose “Edit Post.” Select the first drop-down menu below your name (labeled “Friends”) and choose “Public” on the new page.
You will have to change the privacy of your posts to make them shareable. Posts set to public can be shared by everyone.
Facebook is removing the share option for everyone. It is being rolled out slowly. Despite setting it to public, it will not appear anymore.
Why is there no public option on Facebook?
Facebook Help Team
Hi Salal, If you’re under 18, you won’t be able to post to “Public.” The maximum audience you can share with is friends of friends.
This box is at the top of the News Feed. If you’re posting to a friend’s page or a group page, you’ll find the post box below the cover photo.
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared…
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.
While the Like button allows users to share content with all of their friends, the Send button permits sending to a select group and, thus, is a more private form of sharing.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Facebook Help Team
If you want to share a post you see on your News Feed with a single friend, you can click “Share” below the post and select “Send as Message”, which sends the post directly to your friend in a private message.