What does group type general mean in Facebook?
General groups include the standard set of group tools and features, and is the preferred type for most group admins. If you are the admin of a group and would like to change your group’s type, you can always do so in your group settings.
What are the types of Facebook groups?
There are three types of groups on Facebook: public, closed, and secret.
How do I make my Facebook group a closed group?
On Group Settings page, click on the “Closed” radio button under “Privacy.” When you are done, click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the page to make this group “Closed.” The setting will be updated with a notification “Your changes have been saved” at the top of the page.
How do I see a list of my groups?
How do I see a list of my Facebook groups?
- From your News Feed, tap then tap Groups.
- Tap Groups.
- Scroll down to see all the groups you manage or are in.
Are Facebook private groups really private?
Anyone on Facebook can see who belongs to public groups and content that is shared in those groups. For private groups, only members can see who belongs and what they have posted. By default, groups that had been secret will now be private and hidden, and groups that were closed will now be private and visible.
How can you tell if someone has a secret Facebook account?
To find a hidden profile, check the friends list of possible mutual friends. Facebook’s privacy settings can be a handy tool for keeping your information visible to the right people. For example, you can hide your profile from appearing under the results of a general name search.
Who can see post in a closed group?
If a group is closed, anyone will be able to see the group itself and request to join it, but the posts within it are only viewable by members of the group. Your group posts will still be published on your Timeline, but they will only be seen by other members of that closed group.
How do I make my Facebook private 2020?
How to make your Facebook private on desktop
- Navigate to the Privacy section of your Facebook settings. …
- “Only me” is the most secure privacy setting available. …
- You can open the “Timeline and Tagging” section for even more privacy options. …
- Tap on “Privacy shortcuts.”
How do I make my Facebook completely private to the public?
To get to the Facebook Privacy Settings and Tools screen:
- Select the arrow in the upper-right corner of any Facebook screen.
- Select Settings & Privacy in the drop-down menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Privacy in the left pane.
- The first item listed is Who can see your future posts. …
- Select Close to save the change.
How do I make my Facebook completely private to non friends?
How to Make Facebook Profile Private from Non-Friends
- Log in to Facebook on your browser.
- Click on the arrow icon on the upper right part of the screen.
- Select “Settings and Privacy.”
- Choose “Settings.”
- Click on “Privacy” from the menu on the right.
- Under “Your Activity,” you’ll see “Who can see your future posts?”
How can I see a closed group on Facebook without joining?
There is no way to access a group without a Facebook account. To read a Group, you need: any valid access_token if the group is public (i.e. the group’s privacy setting is OPEN) user_groups permission for a user’s non-public groups.