Go to the bottom of the Notifications section, and look for the “You will receive text notifications whenever the following friends update their status message” line.
Why do I get texts when someone posts on Facebook?
If you’re receiving email or text notifications about a Facebook account that doesn’t belong to you, it’s possible that someone tried to add your email or mobile phone number to an account, or create a new account using your email or mobile phone number. … Click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the emails.
How do I get notifications when certain people post?
How to get notified whenever someone posts an Instagram photo
- Open their profile page.
- Tap the triple-dot button in the upper-right corner.
- From the menu, tap Turn on Post Notifications.
How do I turn on SMS notifications on Facebook?
You can choose which notifications you get as text messages (SMS) by editing your notifications settings:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Notifications in the left menu.
- Scroll down to click SMS to adjust which notifications you get as text messages (SMS).
How do I turn on alerts for text messages?
- Open Android Messages.
- Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
- Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.
How do I get notified when someone posts on Facebook on my Iphone?
How do I turn notifications on or off for people or Pages that I follow on Facebook?
- From you News Feed, tap Search at the top of Facebook.
- Enter the name of the Page and choose from the results.
- Go to the Page.
- Tap then tap Following.
- Tap Edit Notification Settings.
- Tap to adjust your notifications settings.
What does 32665 mean on Facebook?
If you’ve set up Facebook texts, you can send a text (SMS) to 32665 (FBOOK) to get notifications without using mobile data.
Can someone tell if you turn on post notifications on Facebook?
The person who posted won’t be notified that you turned notifications on or off. Learn more about choosing what you get notifications about on Facebook. Was this helpful?
If a post has been shared, it’ll tell you the name of the person and how many hours ago they shared it. You may also receive an email informing you of this, depending on if you have email updates set up.
How do I stop someone from getting notifications about me on Facebook?
Facebook Help Team
- Click in the top-right and select “Settings”
- Click “Notifications” in the left column.
- Click “Close Friend Activity”
- Click “On Facebook”
- Click next to “Close Friends activity” then select “On or Off”
What does SMS mean in Facebook notification settings?
Facebook notifies you via SMS when changes occur to your profile. SMS, or short message service, is often referred to as “text messaging.” When it comes to your Facebook account, SMS is used to get notification alerts when a new action has taken place on your profile.
Why are notifications not showing up on Facebook?
– Make sure you’re using the most updated version of the app or browser; – Restart your computer or phone; – Uninstall and reinstall the app, if you’re using a phone; – Log into Facebook and try again.
Is your Facebook code text message?
Are All Spam Text Messages With Verification Code From Facebook a Scam? Not necessarily. There are plenty of reasons why you might be getting these messages: … Someone else accidentally typed in your number in their Facebook settings and is trying to log in to their account.
Why doesn’t my iPhone alert me when I get a text?
Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages and verify that Show on Lock Screen is toggled on. For sound alerts, also check that Settings > Notifications > Messages > Sounds has an alert type selected and does not display None or Vibrate Only unless that’s the setting you want.
Why doesn’t my phone alert me when I get a text?
We also recommend double checking the push notification settings on your Android device to ensure notifications are turned on for the app. … Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal.
How do I fix my text Messages not showing up?
How to fix messaging on your Android phone
- Go into your home screen and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Apps selection.
- Then scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- You should see two options at the bottom: Clear data and Clear cache.