There are a few reasons why you might not be able to post in an event: Only the host can post in an event for some events. For some events, hosts must approve posts before they appear. If the host approves your post, it will appear in the event discussion.
How do I allow guests to post to my Facebook event?
How do I turn on post approval in my public Facebook event?
- From your News Feed, click Events. You may have to click See More first.
- Click your event below Your Upcoming Events.
- Click Edit to the right.
- Scroll down to Event Page Options and check the box next to Posts must be approved by a host or co-host.
- Click Update.
How do I post on an event discussion on Facebook?
To post to an event, follow these steps:
- Click in the Share box (where it reads Write Something). …
- Type your message in the Share box.
- (Optional) Add tags, location information, or photos by clicking their respective icons at the bottom of the Share box.
- Click Post.
How do I change my event settings on Facebook?
Unfortunately, the functionality to change your event’s privacy is not currently available. Once you create an event, you won’t be able to change the event’s privacy settings. We’ll keep your suggestion in mind as we continue to improve Facebook.
How do you change permissions on a post on Facebook?
Tap in the top right of Facebook, then tap your name. Scroll down to the post you want to edit. Tap in the top right of the post and select Edit Privacy. Select a new audience from the options that appear (example: Public, Friends, Only Me).
Why won’t my Facebook let me create an event?
-Make sure you’re using the most updated version of the app or browser; -Restart your computer or phone; -Uninstall and reinstall the app, if you’re using a phone; –Log into Facebook and try again.
How do I make a private Facebook event public?
To change a private event to public:
- Go to the Event.
- Click the “…”
- Duplicate event.
- Change event to public.
- Save your changes.
How do I set up an event tool on Facebook?
To use the Event Setup Tool:
- Sign into your Ads Manager account.
- Select Events Manager in the main menu.
- Select the pixel you’d like to use.
- Click Settings.
- Select Open Event Setup Tool under Event Setup.
- Enter your URL and click Open Website. …
- Click Review by each suggested event then select Confirm or Dismiss.
How do I turn on posts on Facebook?
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Can you do a private Facebook live event?
Can You Do Facebook Live in private? The short answer here is: yes. Not only can you choose to broadcast your live Facebook session to your Facebook friends only, but you can even exclude some of these friends from your broadcast. You can also go live on Facebook with the groups in which you’re a member or admin.
How do I change the view on Facebook?
Near the lower right hand corner of your cover image, you will see a gear (settings) icon. In this dropdown menu, select “View As…”
How do I control who sees my posts on Facebook?
To limit the person’s access to what others post on your timeline, got to the Privacy Settings page and select Timeline and Tagging. There you can choose “Who can see what others post on your timeline.” You can also limit “Who can see posts you’ve been tagged in on your timeline.”