YouTube Tags Best Practices
- Make your first tag your target keyword and order the rest by importance. …
- Use some broad keywords that describe the overarching topic your video falls under as other tags. …
- Use some specific keywords that describe the topics you covered in your video as other tags.
YouTube hashtags for Views
Here’s a list of the 10 most popular YouTube hashtags that are trending, according to YouTube Autosuggest:
So if you overload your video with tags, you’re only going to hurt your rankings. Instead, stick to 5-8 tags that accurately describe your video’s topic. These should be a mix of focused and broad keywords that you found from video keyword research. This video uses 8 total tags that describe the video content.
Do YouTube video tags matter for your YouTube SEO? The consensus is…not really. Even Google says tags play just a tiny part in helping people find your videos. One study does indicate that using keyword-focused tags can impact your SEO, but on a very small scale.
YouTube allows you to use as many tags as you would like as long as the total character limit across all tags is less than 400 characters (approximately). Generally, most videos should have 5-8 tags.
5 steps for choosing best YouTube tags
- Run YouTube tags generator to get a rough list of keywords ideas.
- Go through the list and remove irrelevant tags.
- Look up the tags used by competing videos for more ideas.
- Add your target keyword from the title as the first tag.
According to the YouTube Creator Academy, hashtags can improve your SEO. Hashtags can help you get more views in three ways. First, hashtags can lead people to your video from other videos that use the same hashtag. … So when you optimize your video around that hashtag, you can rank for those hashtag searches.
How do I promote my YouTube channel?
How to promote your YouTube channel: 23 tactics that work
- Choose Google-friendly keywords. A great YouTube channel starts with great SEO. …
- Use concise, descriptive titles. …
- Create custom thumbnails. …
- Fill out your profile. …
- Optimize your descriptions. …
- Don’t forget about metadata. …
- Offer real value. …
- Create high-quality videos.
7 ways to get viral on Youtube really fast
- Create a unique video. While creating a video that could go viral, you need to think outside the box. …
- Play on emotions. …
- Reach out to similar brands. …
- Find your target audience. …
- Utilize all your social platforms. …
- Find the right keywords. …
- Produce quality content.
How can I increase my YouTube video views?
Get Views from YouTube’s Organic Search Results
- Use Descriptive and Keyword Rich Titles.
- Have Quality and Keyword Rich Descriptions.
- Use Tags.
- Optimize Your Thumbnail Image.
- Create Transcripts of Your Videos.
- Provide Content that Educates or Entertains or Both.
- Piggyback off of Viral Trends.
- Use Guest YouTubers.
You have to use your browser and make it a desktop site in the settings. If you go to your videos then click the one you want and then the pencil you can change the tags and thumbnail.
Tap on the “More” icon ⁝ next to the video you want to add tags to. A pop-up menu should appear at the bottom of your screen. Tap on Edit. Type in your tags in the text field under Tags.