Tap the person’s profile picture to see their Story. Once the Story that you’d like to share shows up on your screen, tap the three dots in the lower-right corner. 2. Tap “Copy Link” or the paper airplane icon to share the story with friends.
You can’t share a post to your Instagram story because the Add Post to Your Story feature is either glitched or the owner of the account has disabled resharing to stories. As of August 2021, Instagram is testing out a new “Resharing” sticker, so the “Add post to story” feature is temporarily disabled.
Why can’t my followers repost my story?
Activate “Allow sharing” in Instagram
The most typical reason is that the person who publishes the original story has not allowed their followers to share. To mark it, go to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.
How to share an Instagram post to your story from your feed
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Locate the post you want to share in your Instagram story on your feed.
- Tap the paper airplane icon.
- The “share” menu will appear. …
- The photo or video post will automatically upload as a story draft.
Why don’t I have the add to story option?
You may don’t see the add post to your story option in your Instagram profile if the IG app is no updated. Thus you need to update your application to its latest version available on Google Play Store or iOS App Store. Then restart your Instagram app and if you have time, restart your phone too.
Why can’t I repost someone’s Instagram post on my story?
2. Permission to Share. Now, if the account is public, another thing that can be responsible for the missing ‘Add post to story’ button is the permission to share. That is, the other person might have disabled the ability to let others reshare their Instagram posts to stories.
How do I turn on Resharing to my story on Instagram 2021?
Settings. Tap Privacy, then tap Story. Tap next to Allow Resharing to Stories.
Can I repost an Instagram Story I’m not tagged in?
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls.
- Scroll down until you see Screen Recording and tap the plus sign. …
- When you want to record an Instagram Story, just swipe up and tap the red record button.