Click the drop-down options next to all available questions, such as who can find your profile by name, by email address and/or phone number. Select the “Friends” option, which prevents strangers and anyone outside of your existing friends list from finding you.
How can I hide my Facebook profile from search?
Click the “Who can look up your profile by name or contact info?” drop-down menu and select “Friends of Friends” or “Friends” to limit the people who can view your Facebook profile. This hides your profile from being visible in public searches on Facebook or from search engines like Google.
How do I hide my Facebook profile from non friends?
Block Specific Individuals
- On your Facebook home page, in the upper-right corner, select the down arrow.
- Choose Settings & Privacy.
- Choose Settings.
- In the left section, select Blocking.
- In the Block users section, in the Block users field, enter the person’s name.
How can I be invisible on Facebook?
What To Know
- On Facebook.com: Select the Messenger icon > Options (three dots) > Turn Off Active Status. …
- In the Facebook iOS/Android app: Go to Menu > Settings & Privacy > Settings > Active Status and toggle off Show when you’re active.
- In the Messenger iOS/Android app: Go to Chats > profile picture > Active Status.
How can you find out who is unsearchable on Facebook?
To find a hidden profile, check the friends list of possible mutual friends. Facebook’s privacy settings can be a handy tool for keeping your information visible to the right people. For example, you can hide your profile from appearing under the results of a general name search.
Can someone tell if I look at their Facebook page a lot?
No, Facebook doesn’t tell people that you’ve seen their profile. Third-party apps are also unable to provide this functionality. If you come across an app that claims to offer this ability, please report the app.