You either need 10,000 Instagram followers, or you need to be verified. (The two are not one and the same.) If you fall into one or both of these camps, you should automatically see a chain link icon at the top of your screen when you go to post a Story.
You can add a link to your Instagram Story using the chain link icon in the top menu of your Story screen. Once you add a link to your Instagram Story, followers and viewers can view that linked content by swiping up on your Story.
If you don’t have a verified account or 10,000 followers, you can use IGTV to activate the swipe-up feature. In order to do so, you must switch to a business account if you don’t already have one. Create a video using IGTV. You can add a link in the description of the video and that’s the way to get leads, for example.
How to Add a Link to an Instagram Story
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Swipe left to start a story.
- At the top, tap the ‘Insert Link’ option (the chain icon).
- Click ‘URL,’ insert the link, and hit ‘Done. ‘
- Share your story as you normally would.
- There will now be a ‘See More’ option at the bottom of your story.
You can’t put links in an Instagram post. … Link directly to specific content in a swipe up Instagram Story. Viewers can either tap the arrow or swipe up to go directly to the link. Not only does the swipe up feature drive sales, you can now track click-through rates to determine which content fans most want to see.
Click on the “link” icon at the top of your screen. Select “+ IGTV Video”. Select the IGTV video. Share your story with a swipe up without needing 10k followers!
How to Add a Swipe Up Link:
- Take a photo, or upload an image to your Story.
- In the Story editor, tap the link icon on the top of the screen (the one that looks like a chain).
- Tap +URL.
- Type in the URL of the website you want to link to.
- Tap “Done” on the upper right corner of the screen.