Go to your Profile and tap the gear-shaped Options icon. Scroll down to Settings and toggle off “Show Activity Status.” You can’t have it both ways, though: When you turn off your status you won’t be able to see statuses for anyone else.
How do you turn off read on Instagram?
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the menu icon (three vertical lines).
- Tap Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Select Messages. (It might say Direct Messages.)
- Under Message Requests and Messages, tick the circles next to Off.
How do you read a message on Instagram without it being seen?
1. Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen by Restricting
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Head to the person’s profile whose direct messages you want to read without marking them as seen.
- Click the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- From the available options, select Restrict.
- Click on Restrict Account to confirm.
How do I turn off read receipts?
Messages from Android phones show up in a different color than messages sent to iPhones and iPads.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Messages.
- Toggle on Read Receipts. Toggle it off to disable the function.
Can I read a message without the sender knowing that I read it?
When you receive a message from a Messenger chat, you can read that message without the person knowing- just switch on your airplane mode. This removes Messenger’s ability to process the fact that you have viewed the message because there is no internet connection.
Do Instagram messages have read receipts?
By default, Instagram enables read-receipts. This means, that any messages you send on the platform appear with a Seen icon once the recipient reads it. … While logged into your Instagram account, put your device on Airplane Mode.
What happens if you turn off read receipts after reading a message?
When you turn off iMessage read receipts, the sender can no longer tell whether you opened their message. Instead of seeing the “Read” receipt, it will now say “Delivered” next to these messages. There is no way for the sender to reactivate the “Read” receipt on their end.
Can you turn off read receipts for one person?
Turn Off Read Receipts for Specific Contacts
Open Messages and tap on a conversation with the person for which you want to disable read receipts. Tap the person’s profile icon at the top and then select the Info icon. Turn off the switch for Send Read Receipts.
Why does Instagram say I have an unread message?
Your direct message data might be cached by Instagram. This means that messages that you have read might be still listed as unread. In order to fix this, you need to clear Instagram’s cache. Before clearing the Instagram cache, make sure to force close the app on your device first.