While Instagram offers a desktop version, the social platform is primarily meant to be consumed in-app, which means some features can be a little trickier from your computer. … In other words — Yes, you can post to Instagram from your PC or Mac desktop instead of on your mobile device’s app or browser.
How can I post on Instagram from my computer?
How to post on Instagram via your desktop
- Click the + button in the top right corner. It’ll appear between the messages and compass icons.
- Drag and drop photos or videos, or select from your computer.
- Add filters and edits to your post.
- Add a caption and geo tag, and tag people in the post.
- Click Share.
How do I post on Instagram from my laptop Chrome?
How to Post to Instagram With Chrome Using a Nifty Trick
- Step 1: Visit Instagram and Open Developer Tools. To start, open Instagram.com in Google Chrome and make sure you’re logged into your account. …
- Step 2: Switch to Mobile View. …
- Step 3: Upload Your Photo to Instagram. …
- Step 4: Edit Your Image.
Why can’t I post to Instagram from my laptop?
To the dismay of people all over the world, Instagram does not allow us to upload photos or videos to our profiles from your desktop or laptop. This is an intentional move from Instagram to encourage mobile use of the app and engagement with other users.
How do I post on Instagram from my Mac Safari?
Open Instagram in Safari. From the top menu, go to Develop > User Agent > Safari > iOS 11.3 iPhone (or current version of iOS). Your Instagram will now show up exactly as it looks on your iPhone, and you can click the upload icon to post photos as usual.