Type your Tweet (up to 280 characters) into the compose box at the top of your Home timeline, or click the Tweet button in the navigation bar. You can include up to 4 photos, a GIF, or a video in your Tweet. Click the Tweet button to post the Tweet to your profile.
How do you attach an old tweet?
Pull down from the compose window and tap Continue Thread to Add to your last Tweet. Add content, and tap Tweet to add to your thread. To add a thread to an earlier Tweet, click to Select another Tweet.
How do you retweet with original tweet?
Hover over a tweet you’d like to share and click the retweet button. A composer will appear with the tweet you want to retweet. You can leave the composer blank and hit retweet to retweet. Or, type add your own comment and then hit retweet.
How do you tweet someone not following you?
Method 1 of 2: Using Mentions
- To “mention” a Twitter user is to tag their username in a tweet. You can use mentions to: Direct a tweet toward one user. …
- No matter how you use mentions, anyone you mention in a tweet will be notified–unless your account is private and they aren’t following you.
How do beginners use Twitter?
Twitter for Beginners: The Complete Guide
- Step 1: Set Up Your Profile. Choose your profile name (aka handle). …
- Step 2: Follow Some People. This is important for two reasons. …
- Step 3: Understand the Twitter Lingo. …
- Step 3: Decide What Content to Tweet About. …
- Step 4: Join Trending Hashtags. …
- Step 5: Maintain Your Channel.
How do I send tweet?
- Click on the share icon from a Tweet on your Home timeline or from a Tweet detail. …
- Select Send via Direct Message.
- From the pop-up menu, Enter a name of the person you wish to send the message to or choose from the suggested account list.
- You have the option to Add a comment to your message.
- Click Send.
Can you thread tweets after posting?
You can publish the entire thread at the same time with the “Tweet all” button. You can also add a thread to a previously published Tweet using the same “Add another Tweet” button.
How do I add to an existing thread?
Here’s how it will work: while composing the new tweet, choose which older tweet you want to connect the new tweet to. Then click on the three dots menu in the older tweet and choose the “continue thread” option. The new tweet will now become part of the original thread.
Is there a limit to a Twitter thread?
A Twitter thread means that “a series of connected Tweets from one person”. It helps you to connect multiple Tweets together. So, you can easily break the Twitter’s 280 character limit by this feature. Now read how to create a Thread on Twitter.
Does retweeting count as a tweet?
A Retweet is a re-posting of a Tweet. Twitter’s Retweet feature helps you and others quickly share that Tweet with all of your followers. You can Retweet your own Tweets or Tweets from someone else. Sometimes people type “RT” at the beginning of a Tweet to indicate that they are re-posting someone else’s content.
Is it better to quote tweet or reply?
This is a great way to engage with other users while also bringing your own audience into the conversation. When you reply directly to a tweet, your response won’t necessarily be seen by all of your followers. Quote tweeting pushes the initial tweet alongside your response into your feed, igniting the conversation.