Why does Instagram remove location?
Share this story
“Photo Map was not widely used, so we’ve decided to remove the feature and focus on other priorities,” Instagram said in a statement.
Does Instagram remove location?
Choose between “Never” or “While Using the App,” depending on whether or not you want IG to track your location. Once you make that choice, you’re totally set. According to Instagram, if you have never changed the location settings in your IG app, the default setting for location is off.
Why can’t I see my Instagram location?
Make Sure Your Location Settings Are Turned On
Because the location story relies on your current whereabouts to automatically populate a location (you can also search for and tag locations you aren’t currently in), it’s important that your location services are enabled for Instagram.
How do I remove location on Instagram?
To edit a location:
- Tap (iPhone) or (Android) above your photo or video.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the location name, then tap Remove Location or Change Location (iPhone), or tap Find a Location… or tap X next to Select a Location (Android).
- Tap Done (iPhone) or (Android).
Can you add location on Instagram?
No, you can’t create a new location on Instagram. If you already have a business profile on Instagram, you can add an address to your business profile so people will know where your business is located.
Can Instagram users see my location?
While Instagram allows users to display their location in the Add Location Field, there is no certainty the location the user has displayed is accurate. Moreover, it isn’t mandatory for people to display their location. Many Instagram users leave this area blank.
How do I fix my location on Instagram?
How to Fix Location Not Working on Instagram?
- Checking your internet connection,
- Logging out and logging into your account,
- Uninstalling and re-installing the app,
- Clearing the Instagram and mobile cache,
- Checking for new updates,
- Trying to add locations using another device,
How do you search locations on Instagram?
Instagram Help Center
Tap at the bottom to go to Search & Explore. Tap Search and enter the location name. Tap Places to see the locations that match your search.