Yeah, that’s right, If you cannot access the link button on your Instagram story is because either your Instagram account has not officially been verified by Instagram or your account does not have at least 10.000 followers.
You either need 10,000 Instagram followers, or you need to be verified. (The two are not one and the same.) If you fall into one or both of these camps, you should automatically see a chain link icon at the top of your screen when you go to post a Story.
If Your Account Is Verified
- Open or download the Instagram app. Tap the camera icon in the upper left-hand corner. …
- Among your tool options (stickers, text, etc.) across the top portion of your screen will be a chain-link icon. …
- Include a call to action on your story.
If you don’t have a verified account or 10,000 followers, you can use IGTV to activate the swipe-up feature. In order to do so, you must switch to a business account if you don’t already have one. Create a video using IGTV. You can add a link in the description of the video and that’s the way to get leads, for example.
How to find your Instagram URL on your computer
- Simply open your personal Instagram profile by clicking your username in the upper-right corner of the page.
- At the top of the page, in your browser’s address bar, is your profile URL. …
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android and login if you need to.
You can add a link to your Instagram Story using the chain link icon in the top menu of your Story screen. Once you add a link to your Instagram Story, followers and viewers can view that linked content by swiping up on your Story.
How Do I Add Swipe-Up Links to My Stories?
- Step 1: Choose your image, and select the link button at the top.
- Step 2: Enter the URL where you want users to arrive.
- Step 3: That’s it! Also, it doesn’t hurt to add text to your Story, encouraging users to “swipe up for more.”
How to Add a Swipe Up Link:
- Take a photo, or upload an image to your Story.
- In the Story editor, tap the link icon on the top of the screen (the one that looks like a chain).
- Tap +URL.
- Type in the URL of the website you want to link to.
- Tap “Done” on the upper right corner of the screen.