Facebook Help Team
- Click Share below a post.
- Click Share… in the dropdown menu.
- To select where you want to share, click Share on your own Timeline at the top of the popup menu, and choose “Share on your own Timeline”
- Use the Audience Selector at the bottom of the pop-up window to choose “Friends”
- Click Post.
When you post to specific friends on Facebook do they know?
When you use the Custom audience option to share a post with a list or specific people, the people you share the post with may be able to see each other’s names. Keep in mind that if you share with one of your smart lists, the people on that list will be able to see the name of the list.
You will have to change the privacy of your posts to make them shareable. Posts set to public can be shared by everyone.
Choose a sharing option from the “These people or list” drop-down menu. You can select “Friends,” “Friends of Friends,” “Specific People or Lists,” or “Only Me.” If you choose “Specific People or Lists,” a field appears where you type in the names of the friends with whom you want to share the photo.
Facebook Help Team
“Share Post Now (Friends)” refers to sharing on your own Timeline. “Share…” gives you options to share on a friend’s Timeline, in a group, or on a Page you manage. “Send a Message” refers to sharing in a private message.
What does specific friends on FB mean?
The audience selector lets you choose a specific audience when posting. … If anyone else is tagged in a post, then the audience expands to also include the tagged person and their friends. Only Me: This option allows you to post stuff to your timeline that is visible only to you.
Only the people who could see those posts when you first made them are able to see them when someone taps Share. Use the audience selector to adjust who you share posts with. Note: When a friend shares a link that you posted, they can share the link with a wider audience than you originally shared it with.
Can you make a post on Facebook for only one person to see?
To allow only one person to see the post, for instance, choose “Specific People or Lists” from the drop-down menu inside the Custom box, start typing the name of the person you want to contact, slide down and select the correct name when it appears.
Can friends see post privacy settings?
“Everyone” is the most public of Facebook’s privacy levels. Anyone can see these posts, be they your friends, total strangers, or people from your past.
If you want to make a previous post shareable, after locating the post, select the ellipsis icon (•••) on the right side of the post and choose “Edit Post.” Select the first drop-down menu below your name (labeled “Friends”) and choose “Public” on the new page.
How do you repost someone else’s post on Facebook?
This is located underneath the post but above the Likes and comments. Choose where you want to repost the item. When you click the Share link a new window will appear. Use the drop-down menu at the top of the new window to choose where you want to repost the item.
To change the share setting for previously shared content, follow these instructions:
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.
How do I make my Facebook completely private to non friends?
How to Make Facebook Profile Private from Non-Friends
- Log in to Facebook on your browser.
- Click on the arrow icon on the upper right part of the screen.
- Select “Settings and Privacy.”
- Choose “Settings.”
- Click on “Privacy” from the menu on the right.
- Under “Your Activity,” you’ll see “Who can see your future posts?”