The Share button lets people add a personalized message to links before sharing on their timeline, in groups, or to their friends via a Facebook Message. If your app is native to iOS or Android, we recommend that you use the native Share Dialog on iOS and Share Dialog on Android instead.
“Share Post Now (Friends)” refers to sharing on your own Timeline. “Share…” gives you options to share on a friend’s Timeline, in a group, or on a Page you manage. “Send a Message” refers to sharing in a private message.
What does sharing on Facebook do?
Facebook is all about sharing with your friends. You can share a lot of things, such as status updates, photos, links, and even your location. You can also share something directly with your friends by posting on their Timelines.
Facebook is removing the share option for everyone. It is being rolled out slowly. Despite setting it to public, it will not appear anymore.
You have always been able to hide posts from your Facebook page after the fact, but now Facebook lets you post to the News Feed without the items ever touching your Timeline. … When sharing, you still have the same options to share to your own Timeline, a friend’s Timeline or in a group or event.
Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now. The post will be shared to your News Feed and timeline with your current privacy settings.
- Send as Message. Type the name of the friend you want to send a private message to, then tap Send.
- Share in a Group. …
- Share to a Page.
If no ‘Share’ button appears on a post – it is because of the Privacy Settings of the original post. If a post is set for ‘Friends Only’ (perhaps this is your Default Timeline setting) – it will not be available for ‘Sharing’ around on Facebook beyond that setting.
The Share button is in the bottom right next to the Like and Comment buttons. It brings up a composer where you can add an optional description. When shared, the story will show “via [name of who originally posted it]”.
How to Block Share on Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook account, go to the “Account” menu and select “Privacy Settings.”
- Go to the “Sharing on Facebook” section and click the “Customize Settings” link near the bottom.
- Go to the “Things Others Share” section and edit the settings you want to change.
To share a link from your Page:
- From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page.
- Click Create Post at the top of your Page’s timeline and enter the link you want to share.
- Images from the webpage may automatically be added to your post’s preview. …
- Click Post.
Only the people who could see those posts when you first made them are able to see them when someone taps Share. Use the audience selector to adjust who you share posts with. Note: When a friend shares a link that you posted, they can share the link with a wider audience than you originally shared it with.
‘Liking’ something is easier for users than ‘Sharing‘ it, mainly because casual Internet surfers don’t like to be burdened by the text box. But, sharing accompanied by a positive comment could potentially add more value to the webpage/product/video/etc. being shared.
If you share a post you see onto your friend’s Timeline, it will only appear on your friend’s Timeline, not on your own. However, you can also share a post you see onto your own Timeline for all of your Facebook friends to see.