Click on the light gray icon in the “Send you messages” group. Click “Friends Only” from the drop-down menu. Only people on your confirmed friends list will be allowed to send you messages.
How do I stop non friends from messaging me on Facebook?
On Facebook Messenger: Open a chat with the person > Click the “i” icon in the top right > Choose “Mute,” “Ignore Messages,” or “Block.”
How do I make it so only friends can message me on messenger?
To control who can send you a message request and where they send it to in your Messenger settings: Open your Messenger app. From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left. From the menu, tap Privacy. Tap Message Delivery.
How can I change who can message me on Facebook 2019?
To change who can send friend requests, leave you comments, or send you messages
- Go to privacy settings. …
- Under Who can contact me, use the sliders to select a level— No one, Some Messenger friends, All Messenger friends, Messenger friends and their friends, or Everyone.
- Click Save.
How do I stop non friends from messaging on Facebook 2021?
How to Block, Mute, or ‘Ignore’ Messages
- On Facebook: Open a chat with the person > Click their name in the top left > Choose “Mute conversation,” “Ignore messages,” or “Block.”
- On Facebook Messenger: Open a chat with the person > Click the “i” icon in the top right > Choose “Mute,” “Ignore Messages,” or “Block.”
Can non friends message me on Facebook?
You can send a message to anyone on Facebook, regardless of friend status or privacy settings. The only exception applies to members you’ve blocked and those who’ve blocked you. Filtering preferences may inadvertently cause messages to go unseen, even though they have been delivered.
How do I stop unwanted messages on messenger?
Block Messages and Email
- Log in to your Facebook account and click the account menu arrow; then select “Privacy Settings.”
- Click “Edit Settings” next to How You Connect.
- Click the drop-down menu next to “Who can send you Facebook messages?” and select your option. Choose from Everyone, Friends or Friends of Friends.
How do I make my Facebook Messenger private?
How do I start a Secret Conversation in Facebook Messenger?
- From the tab, tap.
- Tap Secret in the top right.
- Select who you want to message.
- If you want, tap in the text box and set a timer to make the messages disappear.
Why does it say message instead of add friend on Facebook?
Navigate to the menu > settings & privacy > settings > privacy settings > who can send you friend requests > everyone/friends of friends. Hence, if someone changed their privacy setting to “friends of friends”, the “Add Friend” button will not show unless you’re friends with one of the person’s friends on Facebook.
Where is Messenger settings?
You can learn how to change your Facebook Messenger settings by following a few steps.
- Open the Messenger application on your Android device.
- Press the menu button on your phone.
- Tap the “Settings” option.
- Tap the “Alerts” item to set Alerts as “On” or “Off.”
How can I control privacy on Facebook?
Tap in the top right of Facebook. Scroll down and tap Settings. Scroll down to Privacy and select Privacy Settings. For other things you share on Facebook, you can select the audience before you share.
How can I message someone from my Facebook page?
From the home page, click on the name of your page under Shortcuts in the left menu bar. Click on Inbox. Tap on a conversation. Write a response and click Send.
How do I know who is trying to connect on messenger?
Here’s how to find the secret vault:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app. …
- Tap “Settings” in the bottom right-hand corner. …
- Select the “People” option. …
- And then “Message Requests.” …
- Tap the “See filtered requests” option, which sits under any existing requests you have.