You can share a post from a Facebook page by clicking or tapping “Share” underneath the post and then typing in a message to accompany the shared post if you desire. Tap or click “Share Now” to share that post with your Facebook friends.
How to Make a Facebook Post on a Page Shareable
- From your Facebook home page, click on Pages on the top of the left menu.
- From the list choose the Page that has the post you wish to share.
- Scroll down the Page wall until you find the particular post. Click on Share on the lower right of the post to share it to others.
You will have to change the privacy of your posts to make them shareable. Posts set to public can be shared by everyone.
First, navigate to the post you want to make shareable. Click the three dots symbol in the upper right corner of that post. You’ll then see options to pin it, edit it, archive it, and so on. Select the option in the middle that says “Edit Privacy.”
To Enable the Facebook Like Button
- Log in to your Admin Area and go to Inventory > Products.
- Click the three-dot actions menu icon and select All Products Settings.
- Select Enable Facebook Like Button and Enable Facebook Send Button.
- Click Save.
The ONLY Create Post button now available is one of the round button tools next to your name at the top right. It is the PLUS symbol, click it to see posting options.
Facebook is removing the share option for everyone. It is being rolled out slowly. Despite setting it to public, it will not appear anymore.
If no ‘Share’ button appears on a post – it is because of the Privacy Settings of the original post. If a post is set for ‘Friends Only’ (perhaps this is your Default Timeline setting) – it will not be available for ‘Sharing’ around on Facebook beyond that setting.
Rick’s answer: Your friends are right, Billy. Facebook recently removed the “Share” button from all posts that don’t have their privacy levels set to “Public”. … But that being said, if you really want as many Facebook users as possible to see a given post you can always change its privacy level to “Public”.