Upon launch, Facebook’s Portal devices only allowed users with a Facebook account to log in and access their device’s features. But the entire family of Portal devices can be configured to let users log in with another type of social media account — WhatsApp.
Can you use Facebook on Portal?
Video: Facebook leans into Portal video chatting with three new devices. … For everything else, like YouTube Music, BandCamp and others, you can connect an iPhone or Android device to Portal via Bluetooth. Finally, Portal can do anything an Amazon Echo device can do, thanks to its built-in Alexa.
Do you need Facebook for Portal?
You need a Facebook, WhatsApp, or Workplace account to set up your Portal. Some features, including “Hey Portal,” “Hey Facebook,” Facebook Watch, Facebook Gaming, Facebook Live and display settings aren’t available when you set up your Portal with WhatsApp only or when a WhatsApp-only login exists on a shared device.
Is there a monthly fee for Facebook portal?
Answer: Portal is a great way to keep in touch with relatives who can’t use a regular telephone easily. There is no monthly fee, all you need is a power outlet, WiFi connection and a free Facebook Messenger account.
Can you use portal TV without Facebook?
You need a Facebook, WhatsApp or Workplace account to set up your Portal. Some features, including “Hey Portal”, Facebook Watch, Facebook Gaming, Facebook Live and display settings aren’t available when you set up your Portal with WhatsApp only or when a WhatsApp-only login exists on a shared device.
Do both parties need Facebook portal?
You do not need a Facebook account to use Portal video-chat devices. In addition to those with personal Facebook accounts, Portal users with a WhatsApp account can use it to log in to their device.
What is the best device for video calling?
At a glance
- The best Amazon Echo smart display: Echo Show 10 (3rd-gen)
- The best Google Assistant display: Google Nest Hub Max.
- The best no-camera display: Google Nest Hub 2.
- The best for your bedroom: Echo Show 8 (2nd-gen)
- The best budget smart display: Echo Show 5 (2nd-gen)
How does Facebook portal connect to TV?
Plug in your Portal TV:
- Plug in the HDMI cable and power adapter, then connect the power adapter to a power source. Your Portal TV will turn on automatically.
- Plug the HDMI cable into an input on your TV. For best results, use HDMI 1.
- Turn on your TV and select the input.
Is Portal free to use?
Is there a monthly fee for Facebook Portal? No. Once you have bought the device, Portal is completely free to use, provided you have a Facebook account.