Compose your message (up to 280 characters) and tap Tweet. Enter your message (up to 280 characters), and then tap Tweet. A notification will appear in the status bar on your device and will go away once the Tweet successfully sends.
How do you get tweets to your phone?
How to Set Up Twitter Text Messages (SMS Delivery)
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of your Twitter.com home screen.
- Click Settings in the drop-down menu. …
- Click the Mobile tab.
- Select your country/region, enter your mobile phone number in the text field, and then click the Activate Phone button.
How do I forward a tweet to a text message?
- Click on the share icon from a Tweet on your Home timeline or from a Tweet detail. …
- Select Send via Direct Message.
- From the pop-up menu, Enter a name of the person you wish to send the message to or choose from the suggested account list.
- You have the option to Add a comment to your message.
- Click Send.
How do you send a message on Twitter to a phone?
To send a Direct Message from Twitter for Android
- Tap the envelope icon. …
- Tap the message icon to create a new message.
- In the address box, enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the people you wish to send a message to. …
- Enter your message.
- In addition to text, you can include a photo, video, or GIF via Direct Message.
How do I copy and paste a tweet?
Step 1: Tap the arrow icon in the top-right corner of the tweet you’d like to share. Step 2: Tap “Share Tweet via …” Note: If you’re on Android, you won’t need to complete this step. Step 3: Tap “Copy Link to Tweet” to copy the tweet’s URL to your device clipboard.
How do I get notified when someone tweets?
Here’s how to set it up. Open Twitter on your smartphone and head to the account that you want to get push notifications for. Tap the little Ringing Bell icon just below their cover photo. You’ll be prompted as to whether you want to be notified of All Tweets or Only Tweets With Live Video.
What does the bell mean on Twitter?
When you click the bell icon, you’ll be presented with three options: one to subscribe to the “top” replies, another to subscribe to all replies and a third to turn off reply notifications. Twitter says top replies will include those from the author, anyone they mentioned and people you follow.
What do I write in a tweet?
The perfect tweet is:
- Front loaded. Put the most important words at the start of the tweet to catch a follower’s eye.
- Scannable. Write simply and concisely. …
- Specific. Make your content valuable and useful. …
- Active. Use strong verbs and skip the adjectives and adverbs.
- Focused. …
- Compelling. …
- Short. …
- On brand.
How do you send a tweet to someone not following you?
If you want to send Tweets such as mentions or replies to people who are not following you, unprotect your Tweets to make them public. If you’re not the sender or recipient of a reply, you may still see a reply to someone else in your timeline.
How do I send tweet?
How to Tweet
- Tap the Tweet compose icon. Compose your message (up to 280 characters) and tap Tweet.
- Tap on the Tweet compose icon. …
- Type your Tweet (up to 280 characters) into the compose box at the top of your Home timeline, or click the Tweet button in the navigation bar.
Why can’t I send DMs on twitter?
Why am I having trouble sending Direct Messages? There is an account limit of 1,000 Direct Messages sent per day. Once you reach this limit, you can’t send any more Direct Messages for the day. If you are sending Direct Messages to accounts that do not follow you, you may need to verify your phone number.